Monday, July 16, 2007

Master Gardener



I have no idea what type of plant this is. The leaves are enormous and so beautiful. I couldn't resist snapping a shot of it last week when I went to the home of a Master Gardener. I made a new friend when I attended a baby shower this Spring. I was talking about a Delight cover called Herb Appeal (above) and she said "herbs!?" We happily talked the rest of the party and she invited me to come see her garden when I was up north this Summer. What fun we had - we talked about iris, fern, and jack-in-the-pulpit. She casually handed me a leaf of pineapple sage and I ate it. She even encouraged me to become a Master Gardener...now that is an interesting idea. We finished the tour with a piece of her homemade raspberry rhubarb pie. Thank you, Michelle, what a lovely way to spend a morning.

No comments: