Friday, December 21, 2007

Neighborhood Progressive Party

Tonight my neighbors and I are having the world's smallest neighborhood progressive. The guys are getting together to play cards, so we decided to host a progressive to let the children have some fun too. 

Our theme is "Sweet & Savory." We will start at my house with apricot-glazed pork tenderloin on biscuits and a mixed green salad. I am making my famous coffee punch (inspired by the DELIGHT cover "Holiday Parties") too. 

I'll have holiday music playing and I know the kids will enjoy looking at our candy-themed tree. Then we will tromp through the snow to the "Garden Club" girls' house next door for dessert and a Christmas movie. Now that's the holiday spirit!

Coffee Punch

Warm 5 cups of nonfat milk over low heat.  Add 1/4 cup white sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1/3 cup of instant coffee (*decaf instant coffee might be a good choice) and a pinch of salt.  Stir until sugar dissolves.  Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until serving.  Serve in glass punch cups.  

No comments: