Sunday, December 16, 2007

Snunder & Flightning

We are in the middle of a blizzard right now! 8" so far and seven more hours of snow in the forecast. We are so "in the thick of things" that Jim Cantore of The Weather Channel is broadcasting a half mile from my house. It has been thundering and lighting here too (which is unusual during a snowstorm) and apparently the Weather Channel has coined some new terms. I swear I heard Jim Cantore say "Snunder" a few minutes ago. It reminds me of a winter storm we had years ago when I worked in our family ski business. We all love skiing, snowboarding and winter activities and watch The Weather Channel non-stop during ski season always hoping for snow. One day I turned on the TV and noticed that they were broadcasting from a satellite truck near our offices. I dropped by mid-blizzard and banged on the truck door. When Kristin Dodd and her crew emerged, I handed them 4 cappuccinos and welcomed them to Michigan.

No comments: