Friday, December 21, 2007

Speaking of Santa

You have to be the first to hear... I saw Santa Claus yesterday. Seriously. I was winding my way through the back streets of our neighborhood and as I approached a stop sign, I saw a huge red late 60's Chevy convertible with its top down barreling toward me from the other direction. We both stopped at the intersection and behind the wheel was Santa. Red suit. White hair. Pink cheeks. No hat. He looked absolutely fantastic. And I froze. I did not think to yell out my address or that I've been good or anything! But after we both crossed the intersection, I thought to give a little "beep! beep!" with my horn. When I looked in my rear view mirror, there was his gloved white hand waving back at me. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

No comments: