Friday, March 7, 2008

The Big Idea

Next Friday, I fly to Chicago for Country Living magazine's Women Entrepreneur "Celebration of Creativity" conference. I have had many women contact me for advice on how to "Pitch Your Product" and I hope to make a short YouTube video with tips and encouragement. I believe that an important part of being a woman entrepreneur is sharing thoughts and ideas to encourage others in their business dreams. It is why I enjoy this conference so much - the ideas are flying! I will post a summary with pictures when I return, okay? Speaking of pitching...have you been watching "The Big Idea with Donny Deutsch?" This show features one-on-one interviews with entrepreneurs that have achieved the American Dream. The highs and lows of being a start up. The first big sale. Branding. And now they have a segment called "The Elevator Pitch," where you watch an actual pitch on closed circuit television - it is genius. It is also a must-see if you want to start your own business. Come on, you know you want to.

1 comment:

Anne anne@EliSilasDesigns.com said...

I remeber seeing this in last years CL issue. I was just chosen for 2009 Pitch your product in Chicago. Any advice? Do you know how many women apply and how many are chosen to pitch? What do I wear?