Friday, June 6, 2008

Garden Notebook

My digital camera is my garden notebook. I like to imagine that someday I will have time to keep a journal loaded with all of my plant information and bloom times etc in it. 

But for now I simply look on my computer to see when my pictures from the garden were taken. The date is captured automatically when you upload your shots. 

Today my peonies started blooming and I wondered if they were early, so I looked in my photography folder. I know that this Raspberry Sundae peony (because it looks like a scoop of vanilla ice cream with raspberry sauce poured over it) bloomed on June 2nd last year and on June 10th in 2005. 

Neat, huh? No crazy record keeping for me. The date on my digital camera does it all. When should I have a friend over to see the hydrangeas? My "records" say the third week in July. 

So get out your camera and start your own garden journal.

2 comments:

gail said...

Hi Anne, thats a gorgeous peony. I love flowers so much, but alas living in the desert I wont be seeing any flowers until the fall. I enjoy looking at your blog. YOur photography is beautiful. I hope your new book is going well!!! pink hugs and happy creating, gail

Anne Reeves said...

Thanks, Gail. I love my flower gardens so much. I have taken a lot of spectacular shots this week that I will feature here. Yes my book, Moments of Delight, is selling well! I love to hear people's favorite page - very satisfying.