Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Bee Hive Cake

Want to create a buzz? Build a hive! I bought this cake pan years ago through Martha By Mail and I love it. You can order your own hive pan (a little different from mine, but the same idea) from Nordic Ware. A simple box of pound cake mix (add 1/4 cup of fresh lemon zest when you are mixing) makes the cutest bee hive cake ever. After it is baked and the two halves are "glued" together with icing (made of powdered sugar and lemon juice) drizzle more icing over the seam and down the hive. What should you serve on the side? A scoop of Haagen Dazs' limited edition Vanilla Honey Bee ice cream. Yum!

3 comments:

Nancy Carabio Belanger said...

Anne: This is simply the sweetest-looking cake ever! I can just picture it as the centerpiece for a lovely spring brunch.

MmeBenaut said...

I can see peonies in the background too. You are just so clever Anne. That cake looks spectacular. I've never seen anything like it here.

Anne Reeves said...

I'm so glad you like it! It was delicious too - fresh lemon zest really brings boxed cake mix alive.