Monday, August 25, 2008

Ladies In Lavender

I was invited to join a group of women for "lunch at a lavender farm" this Summer. When we arrived, we were told that it was harvest day. The wind blew the sweet scent of lavender everywhere - simply amazing! As we toured the farm and learned about the many varieties of lavender, college boys harvested fragrant bundles and piled them high on this wagon. It was all too pretty for words.

Since we were literally, ladies in lavender, it reminded me of a movie of the same name. Set in 1936, it revolves around two sisters in their golden years that live in a cottage on the coast of Cornwall, England. One morning after a storm, they find a 20-something man washed up on shore. He is injured and doesn’t speak English, so the sisters decide that they must nurse him back to health. This movie is light, charming, and rich with humanity. Rent it, make a cup of tea (with lavender honey?) and get ready for a wonderful movie experience.

2 comments:

Kimmers said...

I'll have to rent that movie. Sounds delightful.

Anne, I had a bad dentist appt this morning and am struggling to be productive at work today. Your latest postings gave me the little "treat" that I needed to make it til 5:30. I could almost smell the lavendar wafting by my desk... the Garden Club invitation... the beautiful b'day bouquet. Ahhh... THANKS! I needed that!

Anne Reeves said...

Oh I am so glad, Kimmers. The idea of you sitting at your desk with lavender wafting by - wonderful. Hope your teeth are better...