Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Charmed, I'm sure

Viva la Girl Scouts! I had so much fun teaching the "jewelry making" badge to my neighbor's Girl Scout troop. I designed a charm necklace that incorporates the symbols and traditions of the Girl Scout organization. Plus we used buttons, ribbons and beads to tell a "story." A pearl for leadership, a bead for each brother or sister, a "bee" for their years in the Brownies. The charms could symbolize whatever the girls wanted. I overheard someone ask, "What did we say the button stands for?" Her friend replied, "Buttons stand for friendship, because a circle never ends."

Is that cute, or what?

I had imagined the project, the tools, the parent participation (even my Mom came!), but I had not thought through to the end. When 21 girls stood for a picture all wearing their new Girl Scout charm necklaces. Priceless!

2 comments:

LillyB said...

This must have been an awesome experience for you and the girls! Thank you for sharing it with us! I remember the ladies who volunteered to teach us when I was a girl scout and it meant so much to me as a girl.
Thank you for sharing the gifts God has given you!

Anne Reeves said...

Thank you, Lillyb. It was a wonderful afternoon. I appreciate your nice words to me.