Friday, February 20, 2009

Creme Brulee

Sometimes a sweet bite after dinner makes the evening complete. My husband loves creme brulee and we shared this gorgeous dessert at our anniversary dinner last year.

At home, I have made creme brulee for 12 by using a few Dean Jacobs' dessert kits. The ramekins, dessert mix, sugar crystals and torch are all included. Nothing says "party" like firing up a (culinary) blow torch in the kitchen. I'm not kidding - I think people like to try something new.

Imagine the stories later:
"I was at this terrific party last night...we laughed and talked and I got to use a torch after dinner!" Priceless.

3 comments:

Seeking Sabbath said...

Creme Brulee is my most favorite dish! Thanks for the little reminder of it = post Valentine's weekend . . . just the right thing. I look forward to trating myself to you daily blog on what's happening with the lastest
"Moments of Delight" . . . . thank you!!!!

Anne Reeves said...

Welcome! So glad you are here...

MmeBenaut said...

My favourite too! I've just discovered creme brulee icecream - have to say that it didn't last long!