Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Optimist Club

Today I was the guest speaker at a meeting of the Birmingham Optimist Club. I was invited by a member who loves my business of "delight" and was sure that the group would enjoy hearing my story.

It was a wonderful experience and I am so glad that I had the chance to meet such a neat group of people.

In high school, I was a member of a Gifted & Talented program. Students that excelled in extracurricular activities (mine was counted cross-stitch) could receive high school credit for their achievements. At the end of the year, the students hosted a "Show & Tell" assembly of their work. The event program listed the participants and in addition to embroidery, I noticed that I was also named as a member of the planning committee. The program read: Anne Held, Positive Mental Attitude Advisor. I was 16 and have considered myself an optimist ever since.

4 comments:

LillyB said...

Oh Anne how nice!! I am sure they enjoyed you as much as you enjoyed being there!!
Lilly

Bettina said...

You are a real optimist, Anne. And you manage to pass it on to the rest of us.
Coming to your blog always makes my day, thank you !

Anne Reeves said...

Thank you so much! I love what I do, that's for sure!

MmeBenaut said...

This doesn't surprise me as you are indeed so gifted and talented and positive Anne. You're certainly a wonderful advisor on optimism. I would have loved to have heard your speech!