Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween Traditions 2009

I saw one of the Garden Club Girls after school this week and called out to her, "It's almost Halloween!"

"I know, I can't wait to make pie!" she called back.


You see, baking a "Trick or Pie" on Halloween is a tradition on my street. If you aren't familiar with our story, you can jump to it here.

I am expecting three girls (and now their little brother too) to bake an apple pie with me this afternoon. We have a standing date in the kitchen every October 31st and I just love it. I like to imagine them all grown up, baking a Halloween pie with their children and talking about the fun we had on our street.

Want to make your own "Trick or Pie?" My yummy recipe is posted here.

Oh, and Happy Halloween!

2 comments:

MmeBenaut said...

Have just caught up on your wonderful posts, Anne. Some fabulous photos and of course, brilliant ideas. You are a joy to behold!

Anne Reeves said...

Thank you, Mme! I need the support!