Saturday, January 23, 2010

Escape

Escape into a good book, that is. This month my "escape" is into the stack of books I have been wanting to read. At the moment, I am reading 3 different books: a nonfiction title about a group of friends that support each other in their quest to be "writers" (The Wednesday Sisters), a novel set in New York City in the 1940's about a woman's struggle between marriage vs career (Lucia, Lucia) and a character-filled saga of life and love in a small Irish village (Echos). I can't recommend any quite yet, as I am still in the throws of all three plots, but I can say this, I am enjoying myself immensely.

Take some time to let your mind "escape" this Winter, you'll be glad you did.

2 comments:

MmeBenaut said...

That's a very inviting beach scene. MB is at the beach for a few days while I'm home in the hills. I feel like a walk along the beach!

LillyB said...

We have been having a few beautiful days here, but the wind is too strong for me to get near the beach right now. Thank you for showing this picture!! I look forward to Spring so I can walk the beach again!