Friday, July 9, 2010

Shades of Gray

There are times when we all could use a little mystery.

You know me for my love of color, sugar and all things "super cute."

But I also love layers. I probably notice a collection of similar shades before anything else.

I took this striking photo years ago from my room at the Hotel Beau Rivage on Lake Lucerne in Switzerland.

The ironwork balcony, the rolling fog, the slope of the landscape was just beautiful. I think the hum I heard was the historic paddle steam boats on the lake. A moment like this gives you the freedom to think.

Just after this photo was taken, I went down to dinner and the waitress expressed her regret that I wasn't seeing the area at its finest. I smiled with understanding and assured her that it all looked beautiful to me.

When you are presented with a cloudy day, make sure to look for the beauty in all the shades of gray.

2 comments:

LillyB said...

Actually there can be something very calming about a gray, cloudy day ...it seems to set the stage for what is to come!
There is beauty in this picture!!

Anne Reeves said...

Absolutely! I love variety!