Monday, November 15, 2010

Amaretto Diamonds

Are you ready for this?  I made these "diamonds!"  They are candy!   

Amaretto-flavored diamonds and I am over-the-moon about them.  This is what I love...things that are beautiful and interesting.

I used a gem candy mold, Isomalt, water and a smidge of LorAnn amaretto flavoring and followed the directions (on the Isomalt package) or listed in the text here.  Or you can purchase ready-made candy diamonds here.

Can't you see these scattered on a coconut cake?  When I showed my mom, she immediately suggested that I attach one to a pendant base and wear it as a necklace.

This takes "making my own jewelry" to a whole new level, don't you think? Ha!

3 comments:

LillyB said...

Yummy!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi there, your link had no instructions, just purchase of ready made jems

Anne Reeves said...

I've added a link so that you can purchase ready-made candy diamonds. Enjoy!