Monday, February 28, 2011

Water Garden

I am being wooed by a waterlily.

Up until now, I had never given much thought to having a water garden.  I have a fairly straightforward backyard, not at all sloping and mysterious, which is what I associate with water elements.  But what if?

When I saw this single bloom in a beautiful pond (part of an open-air shopping center in Florida), I started to wonder.  I have dappled light.  I have humid Summers.  What if I could tuck a water element in somewhere?  I know that my location rules out the possibility of keeping Koi fish, but I could swing just about everything else.  Hmmmm.

My mind keeps coming back to the Monet-like reflections of this simple pond.  I am being wooed.

3 comments:

Janice said...

Go with it, Anne. Even the process of planning is fun! We had a water garden in South Carolina. I wish I could show you a picture. Water gardening is so relaxing. Our little fish nibbled at our fingers and toes as we worked in the pond. There is a term for such work, you know....it's called 'pondering'. :)

Anne Reeves said...

Thanks, Janice. I am definitely going to look into it. I think I would love it...

Elaine said...

That is just such a beautiful photo! I love water gardens.