Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Lost in Thought

I was lost in thought for the past hour or so.  And this is the result!  I have a Swedish-style plate rack in my family room and I decided that today was the day to take down these sweet plates that were my grandmother's and put up my collection of Spode's Blue Room.

Whenever I move a large number of dishes, I end up rearranging everything in my big glass-front cupboard.  With so many different patterns, cups, and touches, it can take forever and as evidenced today, it is a wonderful way to get lost in thought.

I remembered when and where I got each piece; considered some Easter tablescape possibilities and imagined a conversation with Rachel Ashwell because I think she would like some of my dishes.  All in all, it was a good 45 minutes well spent and the cupboard looks beautiful again.

When do you get lost in thought?

No comments: