Saturday, April 9, 2011

Royal Wedding and The Goring

I just went to a party where I heard that Kate Middleton and her family will be staying at The Goring hotel in London during the week of the Royal Wedding!

I couldn't believe it!  I absolutely love The Goring hotel - I stayed there in June and it was one of the finest hotel experiences I have ever had.  Gorgeous accommodations, an exceptional staff, delicious food.  If I felt like a princess, it's no wonder she wants to stay there! 

The photo above was taken in The Goring's large formal garden behind the hotel.  It is enclosed on all four sides by buildings, so it should offer a wonderful place for a private outdoor party.  What fun they will have!

I also thought you might like to see inside.  I took this photo at High Tea in the lounge overlooking the gardens.  I loved dining in a bright, yet cozy, enclosed porch with vibrant yellow china.  I thought it was just plain good luck that my cigar box purse (shown on the table) matched the room!  I think this will be a lovely place for a bride to have her morning coffee, don't you?

No comments: