Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sweet Birthday Surprise

Oh to be the girl who gets this cake!  I was invited to a surprise birthday party and this gum paste masterpiece was hiding in the kitchen.  It has been a while since I have seen gum paste flowers up close and I was so impressed by the workmanship!  I envy bakers with professional skills like this.  Imagine being able to make a garden with your fingertips.

I am highlighting this cake because I wanted to put the "everyday beauty" spotlight on bakeries and gum paste flowers.  The next time you order a cake for a special occassion, considering ordering something spectacular. 

This is a cake that I'll never forget;  it made all of the guests (and the birthday girl!) feel special and isn't that what a celebration is all about?

1 comment:

Elaine said...

That is just too beautiful to eat!