Friday, May 13, 2011

Garden Transport


The next time you are at Costco, pick out an extra sturdy (and preferably cute) cardboard tray from the pile offered to customers.   It is my new solution for transporting dirty plant packages home from the garden center. 

I used a large scrap of blue & white check oilcloth and stapled it into the cardboard tray, leaving a few inch edge going up the side all the way around (you could do the same with a white kitchen garbage bag).  Now I have a leak-proof way to get everything home safely.Lately I have been struggling with grocery bags, bottles and whatnot rolling around in the back of my SUV.  Once my weekend garden errands are finished, I can use this lined tray to hold grocery bags, muddy shoes or whatever needs to be "contained."
Do you need a garden transport?

No comments: