Tuesday, June 21, 2011

City Series: Atlanta, Nicholas Kniel Ribbon

To say I was overwhelmed, would be an understatement.  When I finally found the Nicholas Kniel ribbon shop in Atlanta (a small shop tucked on the upper floor of an unremarkable shopping center), all I could think was "hidden gem!"

Twice, I had torn out a magazine article about Nicholas and his fine European ribbon collection (most recently here in Victoria magazine) and I knew that someday I would visit his shop in Atlanta, Georgia.

But nothing prepared me for the selection.  Nothing.  It is the finest collection of ribbons I have seen anywhere on the planet.  And you know how many ribbon resources I have seen in my day.  I actually asked the saleswomen if they provided oxygen for customers who felt woozy (she didn't get my humor), the collection was that gorgeous.

In the end, I settled on just a few yards to play with.  The pale coral print will become a watchband, to match a Summer sweater I love.  The narrow taupe and pink stripe is to make a ribbon-wrapped bouquet of pale pink roses and the mulberry plaid will become a ribbon-band bracelet with a crystal buckle cuff for the holidays.  After deciding all that, my mind exploded and I had to leave. 

To my great relief (and discovered just today), Nicholas Kniel offers most of his collection (by-the-yard!) online here, so I do not have to have any regret about "the one that got away."  Do you love ribbon too?

2 comments:

LillyB said...

Its time like this that the internet impresses me. You can still order what you need :)
I love ribbon too!

Anne Reeves said...

Yes, LillyB, I was so relieved! You should glance over his site - the selection is outstanding!