Saturday, June 4, 2011

Simple Desserts

My friend and I went out to dinner to catch up.  It had been far too long since we had been able to look each other in the eye, talk about our lives and really hear each other.

So we ordered drinks and dinner and launched right into talking.  We had so much to say that we didn't even notice that our meal was taking forever.  And ever.  Suddenly the manager came to our table and told us to start thinking about dessert because it would be his treat.  There had been some mix up in the kitchen, which explained the delay.

And we didn't care one bit.  We were getting a chance to talk and were right where we wanted to be.  Which brings me to this sweet and sticky, warm and chewy brownie sundae and my suggestion that you make this for your next cook out.

I've come to this conclusion: brownies + ice cream + raspberries = happy guests.  And if you want to go all out you can drizzle the whole thing with chocolate sauce (I bought squeeze bottles like this at Walmart for a song) and top it with a mint leaf from the garden.  

This is a reminder that dessert doesn't have to be fancy, it just has to be good. 

No comments: