Monday, August 1, 2011

Christmas in July

I'm having a little "Christmas in July" moment.  I would never have guessed that The Wise Men would coordinate so beautifully with a bouquet of roses and verbena, would you?

I have a soft spot for vintage nativity scenes.  Remember my blog post that explains how it all started?  I have fallen for another distressed set that I found on Friday at a vintage shop called "Chestnuts of Suttons Bay" in northern Michigan. 

These figures are made of plastic (not a treasured material in the antique world), are terribly worn (not pristine for collectors) and I love them, plain and simple.  And yes, they are going to provide a little holiday spirit in my family room for at least as long as this bouquet lasts.  Then I will wrap them in tissue and tuck them away in the basement until the snow flies. 

Today I say, Season's Greetings!  May you find delight in the beauty of every day things.

4 comments:

Broken Barn Industries said...

Love it! Last year I decorated my outdoor pine with orange daylilies and used a big white lily, 'Time Out', for the "star". The white one didn't last long but the daylilies kept on for close to a week in spite of having no water!

Anne Reeves said...

Ooh, bB! I bet that was fantastic! Thanks for sharing with us. Keep finding delight!

Elaine said...

Who says that they have to out just for Christmas?! I so agree with 'breaking the rules'. Who makes the rules, anyway? ;) It is such a pretty vignette, Anne. I love the muted colors of the figures and they just are perfect with your lovely bouquet.

Anne Reeves said...

Thank you! I was able to return to the shop and show the owner this photo - she loved to see it on display!