Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Cupcake Research

When a friend comes into town, you suddenly have the perfect occasion for cupcakes!  As a blogger and sugar-lover, people assume that I have been to all the sweet spots in town.  For some reason, I hadn't been to Just Baked in Birmingham yet. 

It was on my list of "must try desserts," for sure, so when Corinne was in town from Hawaii and asked where I wanted to go, I immediately suggested that we do some cupcake research.  She was up for the challenge and we spent a lovely hour at Just Baked - sampling and smiling.

We chose to split a luscious Lemon Cupcake (filled with lemon curd!) and a Grumpy Cake, that has pillows of buttercream frosting dipped in a homemade chocolate ganache.  I'm not sure how they arrived at the name, but I assure you, this cupcake left us far from grumpy.

Do you have a "bucket list" for sweets?

No comments: