Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Terra Cotta Pots

I kid you not, I was drawn to this display of pots like it was a bouquet of flowers or plate of cookies.  I was at a country fair and these matching Terra cotta pots were for sale in rows in an open basket.  I didn't buy any, not for lack of ideas of what to do with them, but mostly because the weight of these pots was not conducive to a day of shopping.

That didn't stop me from day dreaming about them, though.  I imagined them in a kitchen window, with a different herb in every pot.  I thought they would look darling at Christmastime, 3 tiny boxwood "Christmas" trees displayed on the mantle of a fireplace.  I'd tie a red and white check ribbon around each rim. 

Enjoying the beauty of every day things doesn't mean you always have to buy everything you love.  Sometimes giving yourself permission to imagine the possibilities is enough.  What would you put in these beautiful pots?

1 comment:

Elaine said...

I just love the worn and weathered look of terra cotta as it ages.