Thursday, December 8, 2011

Butterflies on Christmas Tree

Want to add a little whimsy and magic to your Christmas tree? How about A few glittered butterflies hovering around the branches?

These 1 inch craft store butterflies were dyed another color and I simply coated them with craft glue and doused them with magenta glitter. When you are in the store, choose the ones that come on a thin wire. Once the glue has dried, you can wrap the wire around a branch and let them hover. I wouldn't do too many, just enough to catch someone's eye. Three sets of two would be plenty.

I also wanted to show you a picture of the entire tree and how I like to decorate the tree emphasizing jewel tones.  What do you think?

1 comment:

Elaine said...

I have quite a few butterflies on my Victorian tree that I have collected over the years, but I like the idea of glittering some in the color that you want. Your Christmas tree is absolutely beautiful!