Saturday, December 10, 2011

Family Tree Ornaments

My tradition of filling a "family tree" with Christmas ornaments that I've made from family photographs was mentioned in the Detroit Free Press newspaper today.  You can see the article here

The Family Tree has fabric photo ornaments that are printed on June Tailor Inkjet Fabric Sheets. Then I sew them to a coordinating fabric, "pink" the edges (create zigzag with scissors) and glitter the wedding bouquet or hair bow in the photo. I tuck them into the branches, or they can be hung from ribbon. I also hang old family photos framed in small glass picture frames.  I created labels for the back of each ornament to identify the person and their connection to us.

As for the article, I love having a photo credit in a major newspaper (front page, above the fold, no less!) as well as being mentioned in the same breath as Katie Brown, another lifestyle expert and Michigan-native.  I have long-admired her collection of housewares and the natural aesthetic in her designs.

Want to see the entire Family Tree?  I thought so...

3 comments:

Elaine said...

Hi, Anne. Congratulations! This is such a wonderfully creative idea and it has inspired to creat a family tree of my own. I am going to go check out the article after I've caught up on reading your blog. Happy Holidays!

Elaine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anne Reeves said...

Oh good, Elaine! I am glad that the idea struck a chord with you! xo