Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Frosting and Fellowship

Needless to say, I had fun fun fun at this year's "Frosting and Fellowship." My scrapbook-loving friend, Angie, invited me to attend the second annual cookie decorating extravaganza with her last week. Parking was a breeze as I was the only one registered for the event! You see, Angie and I tend to name our activities and Frosting and Fellowship (an offshoot of Glue and Gab) was really just a quiet afternoon of cookie decorating with Angie and her youngest son.

After learning royal white icing techniques, Angie wanted to teach me the "pipe the exterior, brush on the interior" method of frosting cookies with royal white icing. My birthday gift in August was new piping bags, meringue powder and a rainbow of Wilton icing dyes - 12 colors to match every holiday whim.

4 comments:

Elaine said...

I really enjoy this method of icing cookies. What a lovely afternoon to spend time with a friend and create such pretty ones.

Elaine said...

Hmmm..I trying to get used to posting with my iPad, but it is a little different than on my laptop and some of my comments didn't post, so I apologize if you get two on some of your posts, Anne.

What a lovely way to spend an afternoon with a friend decorating such pretty cookies. I have used this method often and it is so much fun especially doing it with a friend.

Nancy Carabio Belanger said...

I am going to have to try this, Anne! They look so pretty!

Anne Reeves said...

Try it, nancy! They come out looking very professional once you get the hang of it. :-)