Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Anticipation

I can hardly wait for my flowers to bloom.  I mean it, it has been a l-o-n-g time since I could go out to the garden and clip flowers for a spur of the moment bouquet like this and I miss it!  A lot.

The early surge of warm weather caused the flowering trees to bloom in March and encouraged most of the vegetation to be ahead of schedule.  I was just on the patio surveying the roses (you see my yellow "Graham Thomas" roses above, punctuated by a few orange nasturtiums) and my rose garden is in full leaf.
On Thursday night I am going to a lecture on roses at a local nursery and I am hoping to find out their opinion on how to proceed this Spring.  Should I start my monthly fertilizing early?  What about my fish spray and chemical bug repellent treatment?  I want to have another successful season of roses, so I am asking the professionals.  I also see tomorrow night as a way to appease my restless spirit.  I brought back lots of gorgeous soda pop cans from Hawaii and I want to make beautiful arrangements to show you!

No comments: