Saturday, April 21, 2012

Chrenka Apiaries make Heavenly Honey

Oh the joy of having a friend in the honey business.  Every Fall I get a glorious pint of liquid gold delivered to my doorstep;  I am one lucky girl.

My friend, Tracy, and her husband, Joe, have been dabbling in bee keeping for a few years now and I am convinced that the secret to their superior honey is their exceptional garden.  You see, the flavor of honey is determined by the flowers that the bees pollinate.  Clover field nearby?  You're likely to get clover honey. 

At Tracy's house, the bees have their pick of an extensive vegetable and flower garden and every year, Tracy and Joe harvest a batch of delicious honey that they call "Sweetness & Light." 

It sells out fast, so I have learned to reserve a pint early.  Next year I am going to see if she'll let me order 3 pints.  There is only so much to go around and I don't want to be piggy.  But I have to ration her honey and more would be welcome! 

Did you notice the cherry wood honey dipper?  Joe is a gifted craftsman and this year he decided to offer his handmade honey dippers for sale too.  Such a smart addition to the business, and they are beautiful too.  If my friends ever create a website and start doing mail order, I'll be sure to post a link here. 

You heard it here first, "Sweetness & Light" by Chrenka Apiaries.  Liquid delight.

No comments: