Friday, June 8, 2012

A Gift from Laduree

A treasure from Paris!  My friend, Diana, recently returned from a much-longed-for trip to Paris and she toured the city with my book, Paris:Delight in the City of Light, in hand!

When I met up with her to look at her photos and hear about her trip, she presented me with this glorious box of macarons from Laduree!  Is that a friend, or what?  I am just tickled.  I brought them home, took this photo and ate the pale green pistachio one on the spot!

The limited edition box is to commemorate the 2012 French Open and says "Laduree pour Roland Garros," which means "Laduree for the French Open."  I just love the shocking green box and knew immediately that I would display it with my The Vert tea set by Villeroy and Boch.  Does it look perfect there?

No comments: