Saturday, June 30, 2012

Lemon Tree, Very Pretty

I'd like to take this moment and say that I am jealous.  My brother and sister-in-law in Houston recently moved into a house with a lemon tree (see Exhibit A, above).  


I took this photo at Christmas and it was all I could do to not pick it and rush in the house to make lemon curd.  Can you imagine having citrus growing in your yard, ready for lemon meringue pie at a moments notice? I could hardly stand it.


Now my friend in Honolulu has bought a house and she has a lemon tree too! And perhaps a kumquat tree too, we have to wait for some fruit to develop to know for sure.  I am green with envy.  


I guess I should start keeping copies of my favorite lemon recipes in my suitcase, huh?  When I start traveling again, my friends will know to look for me in the backyard.  There's a good chance I'm working on dessert.

No comments: