Friday, June 1, 2012

Williamsburg: A Colonial Garden

On our drive over from Richmond, I started talking about how I was really looking forward to seeing some Colonial gardens.  This large community garden, called "Colonial Garden" on Duke of Gloucester Street in the middle of Colonial Williamsburg, did not disappoint.  There is even a small market that sell garden items.  I was happy to see a row of glass cloche (above) protecting tender seedlings.  Cloche are so very popular as decorative elements in design magazines right now - it was nice to see them being used as intended!
This is a beautiful natural twig trellis for sweet peasI want to build one!  
All of the plants were so tall and healthy.  As a Michigan gardener, I was completely jealous at how far ahead these plants are.  And look, bee skeps!  Remember how I use bee skeps  in my garden?

No comments: