Monday, November 26, 2012

Christmas Cottage

Someone is a genius!  Look at this sequin-bedecked design that uses a rectangular gem as the front door.  I just love it!

This Christmas Cottage was stitched by my sister-in-law's mother onto a Christmas stocking (from a pattern) at least thirty years ago and it is still as cute as the day it was made.  

I saw it and instantly wanted to create a house like this of my own on a small pillow.  Have I? Not by a long shot.  Writing and publishing this new book of mine has taken up every extra minute these last few months, but any day now I will be able to announce that it is for sale (in time for the holidays!) and then I can get down to some serious crafting and baking.

I will get out my felt, sequins and thread and embellish something with my own little Christmas Cottage.  Maybe I should stitch this design onto a guest towel.  Or an ornament?  What do you think?  Pillow, hand towel or ornament?

No comments: