Monday, November 12, 2012

Holiday Cards as Art

Sometimes a little art is just the touch your kitchen needs during the holidays.  I have always loved this painting by Monet called, The Magpie.  When I received it as a Christmas card last year, I saved it with the thought that I would frame it someday and hang it by the telephone in my kitchen.  

Last month I found the perfect piece of scrapbook paper (red with aqua polka dots), and today I cut the paper to size and taped the Christmas card to it.  Once it was behind glass in the frame, it looked like it has been professionally framed with a mat. Magnifique!

Do you have a few Christmas cards from years past that were so beautiful you had to keep them?  Maybe you should chose one, find some coordinating scrapbook paper and frame it for your kitchen.  If you haven't saved any, keep your eye out for something beautiful in your mailbox this holiday season.

I am hoping to receive lots of warm holiday messages written in Caspari cards this year.  They have a beautiful selection of elegant cards, and I particularly love this one called, Snow Tree with Fence.    

No comments: