Friday, January 18, 2013

Mitten Sisters

My friend Nancy and I have decided to be "Mitten Sisters."  We met for coffee right before Christmas and talked (and talked and talked) for 2 hours at the Caribou Coffee that is equidistant between our houses.  Nancy is celebrated children's fiction author and her specialty is writing inspirational stories for Catholic children. Do you remember when I brought her a religious metal from Paris?  We talked about writing, friendships and finding the quiet moments in a really busy season.

When we were gathering our things and leaving, we noticed a display of winter items for sale.  Including these finger-less gloves (the link shows a different color) which double as a drink cozy (shown on my drink above)!  The pretty oatmeal-colored weave will keep our hands warm and leave our fingers free to operate our phone, or can buffer the heat from a grande nonfat latte - I love it!

We each bought a matching set and called ourselves "mitten sisters."  Happy New Year, Sis!

1 comment:

Nancy Carabio Belanger said...

Oh, that is so nice, Anne! I have fond memories of that day and I think of you every time I put on my new fingerless mittens. They are so nice and warm, just like our friendship! :-)