Monday, February 11, 2013

Lavender Hibiscus

If only I lived in a different zone.  Plant Hardiness Zone, that is.  If I lived in a warmer climate I could have this lavender hibiscus in my garden and enjoy it year-round. *sigh*  I guess that is part of the allure of travel.  Being able to see and experience things that aren't possible in your own backyard (literally!).

I photographed this hibiscus at a farmer's market on Oahu (hybridized by The Hibiscus Lady). She is a color genius, don't you think?

Day 9 of the 12 days of Valentine's Day: Buy yourself some flowers for the kitchen table.  I arrived home from Florida this afternoon and found a bouquet of tulips on the table! That is what is fun about celebrating The 12 Days of Valentine's Day, you never know what is going to happen on any given day.  Most plans are arranged by you, but you may find that those around you get in the spirit!

No comments: