Wednesday, December 11, 2013

DIY: High End Holiday: Golf Leaf Ornaments

I wanted the look of high-end, department store ornaments and I got it. My simple 3 item craft project turned out exactly as I had imagined.  I must have seen an ornament like this long ago, because when I found the gold leaf paint I knew exactly what I wanted to do.  I wanted an extra large glass ball painted solid gold at the top, moving down to brush marks and then onto no paint at all at the bottom, so the tree and lights would show through the glass. Pretty specific, huh?

I was able to find a set of four (4") clear glass ball ornaments at Micheal's craft store.  I used this brand of gold leaf paint and an inexpensive bristle brush, because I wanted to see the brush strokes.

The only instructions I can give you is that you dip the brush in paint and move it across the glass slowly and carefully.  I hung the painted ornaments in my laundry room to give them ample time to dry.  Then I put them on the tree and voila!  A fancy touch you can make yourself.  

I've seen many make-your-own ornament projects online lately and frankly, they look homemade.  This little beauty looks like it is right from an art gallery or high end department store.  

#michaels #DIY #christmasornaments #momentsofdelight #finddelight 

No comments: