Friday, December 13, 2013

A Beautiful Bed - add your own touch to linens and more

I was wandering Homegoods with my mom, telling her that I wanted to change my sheets/duvet/pillowcases to give our bed a more Swedish look and highlight my cane bed.  I was admiring red and white sheet sets in the store and mooning about design icon Katrin Cargill (who I met in 2005!), Swedish-style in a bedroom and linens.  Then she said...I might have something.

Look what she found in her linen closet.  She'd given away the duvet long ago, but she had the top sheet, dust ruffle, 2 King cases and 2 European shams in this beautiful black and cream toile. I love it! I think I'll be making myself a monogram pillow this January.

I had the cream matelasse coverlet and I dolled up 2 plain cream pillowcases with by sewing on a band of black and cream calico fabric.  Cute, eh?  

I have read studies that show that walking into your bedroom and seeing a "made bed" is good for you, literally.  It somehow show peace and order in your life and allows you to rest more easily.  It doesn't sound very scientific, I know, but it makes sense to me.  So, if a made bed it good for you, a beautiful bed must be even better!  Sleep tight!

No comments: