Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Marine Vinyl Clutch & Seed Packet Card Case

To me, this orange vinyl clutch looks like a mod summer accessory that Hermes would design. I love how sleek and expensive it looks - straight seams and minimal stitching is the key.  

Yesterday I showed you my fold-over clutch with contrasting top zipper (love them!) but do you remember the royal blue clutch that started it all last year?  I carry it all the time and it still looks as good as the day I made it.  Marine vinyl is a fabulous material to work with!

I had some orange material left over, so I made myself a little case that I can clip to my belt loop when I just want to run to the grocery store.  It holds my iPhone and a Botanical Interests seed packet case that I use to hold my ID, Visa and $20.
I know, I say seed packet case as if that is a known commodity, right?  It is just a little something that makes sense to me.  Botanical Interests seed packets are beautiful, why wouldn't you up-cycle them into something for your purse?  

I cover them in plastic tape and then sew on triangular vinyl flaps that I made. The perfect clasp is a circle of adhesive Velcro. They are where beautiful and interesting meet.

#diy #sewingproject #makersgonnamake #creativelife #momentsofdelight #seedpackets #gardenlove 

No comments: