Thursday, February 20, 2014

Seed Packet Card Cases: Whimsical Up-cycling

I know, I say seed packet card cases as if that is a known commodity, right? 

It is just a little something that makes sense to me.  Seed packets are beautiful, and every once in a while I up-cycle them into business card cases for my purse. People respond very positively to them. They look surprised and delighted when I pull out a business card. This is how I get to "look at what I love" on a daily basis.

I save the Botanical Interests seed packets when I am planting each Spring. I carefully open each packet from the top and then cover the paper packet in plastic tape to make it more durable and waterproof. I measure two pieces of vinyl to sew and to create a flap closure. I sew the vinyl flap to the top of the open seed packet. 

I found that the perfect clasp is a circle of adhesive Velcro at the tip of the triangle, where it meets the seed packet. It is a humble craft, but the results are darling! 

This is the intersection of beautiful and interesting. This is delight.


#gardenlover #gardening #DIY #makersgonnamake #momentsofdelight #creativelife 

No comments: