Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Seattle: Brave Horse Tavern

If you are looking for a noisy, afterwork hot spot with an extensive drink list and beer selection, Brave Horse Tavern on South Lake Union in Seattle is the perfect to meet up with your friends...and I insist you order the Smorgasbord (ours included deviled eggs, onion dip, crackers, house made charcuterie, 
local cheese, snack mix, pickled vegetables, fresh sliced pear).  It was delicious with our drinks and I could have eaten far more than my fair share. I also love the presentation on a large wood serving board, showcasing the various heights and textures.
Brave Horse is also known for their handmade pretzels, served with 3 different kinds of mustard. I didn't have a chance to partake, but I heard from more than one person that they were the magnet that draws people in.  All in all I really liked the atmosphere.  Was my hamburger a winner? No, but it didn't effect my overall feeling about Brave Horse Tavern.  I will be back...and this time I'm getting the pretzels!

No comments: