Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Stemless Bouquets: When Flat is Fabulous

I have been meaning to show you these interesting stemless floral arrangements.  I saw them years ago at an open market in Lucerne, Switzerland (before I had a blog) and I love their simplicity.

Have you ever had the courage to cut off all but an inch of a rose's stem?  The bud will be just fine as long as it can get to the water. I am planning to recreate an arrangement like this this summer. 

I will use several frogs (sharp pin based support for flowers) in a low rectangular ceramic display. A few hydrangea blossoms, a bit of moss, maybe some verbena. I can't wait to see how it turns out. I think that flat is fabulous.

Right now I can only dream - but I can see that my roses have buds coming, so that's a good start.  What kind of flower arrangements are you dreaming of?

No comments: