Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Turkey 101: Corn Bread Turkey, that is

It's time! This is a friendly reminder to order your turkey cake pan by Nordic Ware now, so that you can have it in time for Thanksgiving. You may also be able to find one on the shelf of a cake supply store, just call first. You want the 3-D pan made by Nordic Ware.  

The moment that I saw this pan debut on The Martha Show, I had to have it.  It works incredibly well with not quite 2 pouches of Marie Callender's Corn Bread Mix.  Once it is baked, you level off each side of the turkey (cut off excess cake) with a large bread knife and frost the two sides together so that he'll stand and be 3-D.  

I use a few toothpicks inserted on an angle to stabilize the seam and then I prop my turkey in a pie plate full of whole cranberries to help him stand up. It is a darling addition to any holiday buffet and I just love him every time I make him. Do you like super cute theme food? This pan's for you! 

No comments: