Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Cheese Fondue on a Heart Shaped Board

We celebrated Day #8 of the 12 Days of Valentine's Day with a gorgeous cheese fondue from President Cheese. I was lucky to find it in the cheese case at Costco and served one on New Years Eve and kept this one for Valentine's Day. What I like is that I can microwave the container and in minutes, I'm ready for fondue. It tastes just like you would hope. Apples and bread and cheese, oh my!

My friend Angie gave me this gorgeous heart-shaped cutting board from Longaberger (a limited edition piece that is no longer available) and it made the perfect serving station for our romantic appetizer.

Do you have any heart shaped items in your kitchen? Now's the time to get them out. Cookie cutters, cake pans, cutting boards - have some fun. I plan on making shortbread hearts later this week and maybe a heart-shaped banana bread - why not?

No comments: