Monday, April 5, 2021

Frozen Salad: Lemon Pear Bunny for Spring

Sometimes things work out even better than I imagined. Cue my lemon pear bunny, the perfect addition to any Spring meal. I was excited to try this Place & Time bunny mold that I found at my local JoAnns store.

When I looked at the composition of the entire meal, I knew it would be better for the family if this component was fat free. I had made other lemon pear salads, so I used that experience to create a version in a completely different way and it was perfect.

Frozen Lemon Pear Salad

  • 15 oz can of pears, in lightly sweetened juice
  • 3 oz box of lemon Jell-O
  • 1 cup of Fat free Half & half
  • 1/4 cup water

Drain the juice from the can of pears into a sauce pan. Add 1/4 cup of water. Bring to a boil. Take off of the heat and add the lemon jello power and stir until dissolved. In a powerful blender, pulverize the pears. Stir in the cold half & half. When the hot lemon Jell-O mixture has cooled a little, stir the cold mixture into the lemon Jell-O mixture. Place your silicone molds on a tray (to catch an spills and to aid in transport) and then pour the mixture into the molds. Place the tray in a level spot in your freezer.

Unmold about 30 min before you are ready to serve. I placed one bunny on the edge of each salad plate with a big green salad at Easter dinner and it was adorable.

#easter #easterdinner #bunny #bunnymold #lemon #lemonpear #frozensalad #eastertreat #specialoccasion #holiday #easterbunny 

No comments: