Friday, December 25, 2015

Heart of Christmas

It was a year of changes for us. Christmas away from family, without my dad and in a little apartment we now call home. Truly bittersweet.

We are lucky in so many ways. Healthy and strong with good jobs and a bright future in an exciting part of the country. We are together and we are forging a new path. I tried my best to make a beautiful and cozy Christmas for Dan, my mom and me.
When I was in Michigan in November, I packed a box of Christmas decorations and mailed them out here, making sure to include one of my vintage nativity sets

The light was streaming into our apartment window and it gave my little gathering a happy mood. It was only later when I was looking at the photograph that I noticed one ornament was reflected in the window. A single heart.

Wherever you are this year, I hope you have a very Merry Christmas.

No comments: