Monday, December 7, 2015

Make Gingerbread Lookalike Ornaments

Aren't these darling? I found deep brown chipboard hearts at Ben Franklin craft store in Redmond and knew that they could become Gingerbread-like ornaments for me Christmas tree.

I bought red and white stripe narrow ribbon, cut it into 6 inch lengths and tied the ends together to make individual loops.  I placed a drop of hot glue on the back of the heart (just below where it dips in the center) and set the knot on the ribbon into the glue. Now my ornament can hang on the tree.

I bought one bottle of DecorArt Snow Writer dimensional paint and used inspiration from Swedish websites to create folk designs on the front of the heart. It was so very easy.

I allowed the paint to dry overnight and it looks EXACTLY like frosting on a cookie. Ho ho ho! 

No comments: