Thursday, December 17, 2015

Sugar Cookie Recipe: Goggle Anne Reeves

A reality in this modern world. It is easier for me to google "Anne Reeves, sugar cookies" on my phone to find my grandmother's cookie recipe, than it is to find her vintage recipe card in my new apartment. 

It is odd but true. Since I have blogged for 8 years (forgiving a major chunk of this difficult year), my google results are quick and accurate. I am living in an apartment for a year or so and I have knitting supplies in my ottoman, jewelry making tools in stacked hat boxes and silicone pans in my sideboard. Finding anything is a challenge and I find myself looking up myself to have access to my own recipes. I thought you would appreciate how funny that is.

For your convenience, I am including my famous Sugar Cookie recipe here.

Nama's Old Fashioned Rolled Sugar Cookies

1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup white sugar
1 egg
2 Tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder

Cream butter in mixing bowl. Beat in sugar, egg, milk & vanilla. Add flour, salt & baking powder. Mix well. Divide dough in half and wrap in waxed paper. Chill in refrigerator at least one hour. Use plenty of flour on board, rolling pin & cookie cutters to prevent sticking. Roll out dough 1/4 inch thick and cut out shapes with cookie cutters. Bake at 375 degrees on an ungreased cookie sheet (or use parchment paper) for 5-8 minutes.

Nama's Frosting

Mix 2 Tablespoons of hot water to 1 cup powdered sugar. Mix with knife. Tint with a drop or two of liquid food coloring.


Note: Using hot water makes the frosting shiny. Add drops of hot water as needed to perfect consistency.

No comments: