Friday, April 21, 2017

Seattle: Nest: Day and Night

This view from the rooftop bar Nest at Thompson Seattle confirms what you thought, only the eagles have it better. 

We were celebrating a friend's birthday last week with dinner at Scout (inside Thompson Seattle) and we arrived a tad early, so we went up to Nest to have a drink and enjoy the sun.

I ordered a citrus mocktail and enjoyed it while watching the Washington State ferries travel back and forth to Bainbridge Island. 

Though I am so very happy to be living in the same city as my husband in a beautiful new house, I am still grappling with the reality of moving to the Pacific Northwest. This isn't temporary. Our house is Michigan has been sold and my friends of 20 years are trapped on the other side of my glass monitor, residing within Facebookland. 

When I am in my home office, life feels weird. When I am in a big city on a weeknight looking at this view, life feels exciting.

After a delicious dinner, we returned to Nest where the management was holding the indoor corner lounge for the birthday girl and her guests.
I dashed between the raindrops out on the rooftop deck to take this photo. From left to right, you can see the blue arc of Century Link Field (home of Seattle Seahawks football), a cruise ship docked in Puget Sound with her lights ablaze, the Great Wheel Ferris wheel and then the bright red sign "Public Market" at the entrance to the famous Pike Place market, where fresh fish are thrown and fresh flowers are photographed. 

What a view! 

No comments: